Sunday, December 20, 2009

The best grilled corn ever



OK so this one has been a long time in the making, meaning I have been to Cafe Habana for the first time years ago but never got around to commenting on the grilled corn. I have thought about attempting to make this corn at home but have a feeling that it will not be as good.

This dish is actually not that unhealthy being that it is corn on the cob. There is always a way for me to justify food being somewhat healthy but then again my motto is balance no extremes.

So if you happen to be in NYC and are down in NOLITA (North of Little Italy) on Elizabeth St (corner of Spring), visit Cafe Habana if for no other reason than to have this corn. The restaurant has a quick service/take out side right next to the sit down restaurant. The corn is grilled then rubbed with some kind of butter or mayo (I refuse to believe it is mayo since I hate it and don't taste it) after that they put Cotija cheese on it then dust it with cayenne pepper. My advice is to put lime juice on it right before you bite it.

No comments:

Post a Comment