Sunday, June 27, 2010

Serendipity III























I think the pictures say it all but there is more to the story of why I would go to Serendipity and order an ice-cream sundae like this. Growing up on Roosevelt Island, I was just a short 5 minute tram ride away from Serendipity. Going to this Ice-cream palace was a treat that my parents took me to and my friends and I went for many a birthday celebration.

The last time I went there, I took my friend Paula who is also a dietitian and we ordered the nuts sundae which is the top left picture and the chocolate decadence sundae which is the top right picture. The chocolate decadence sundae is so crazy it is basically a giant hunk of chocolate cake surrounded by chocolate ice cream. Serendipity has regular food as well which is not so good but it is hard to get a table unless you eat more than ice-cream. The ice-cream sundaes are are great and worth the calories but only on very rare or special occasions. Truth be told, this was about 2 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. Some fond memories will never fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment