Sunday, August 23, 2009

Van Leewen Ice Cream Truck

I scream you scream, we all scream for ice-cream but I have not been interested in going back for seconds on this one. Not to sound like a hater of this ice-cream but my taste buds were not wowed. I love the concept and the natural local sourced ingredients, and the eco friendly cups/spoons. The ice-creams have a very clean, fresh taste but the mouthfeel is off meaning perhps there is not enough fat and not enough sugar. The taste just left my mouth too quickly for it to be memorable. This is saying a lot for me because I never forget what I have eaten and the experience it gave me.

To date the best ice-cream I have tried is from Emack & Bolios. When it comes gelato well that is a different story. By the way gelato has less fat than ice-cream so of course my love goes out to the Italians for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment