Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The London Candy Company

Recently I heard that a place called the London Candy Company (94th St. & Lexington Ave.) opened in my neighborhood. Of course I had to check them out so I popped in one day and felt a bit overwhelmed as there were so many products and I did not feel like asking what each product was. I know how could I "the asker" not ask 20 questions but I think now that I am at the end of my pregnancy, I have no patience left so I could not be bothered. I did purchase a bar called the brunch bar which was like an oatmeal raisin/granola bar we have here. I also picked up salt & vinegar potato chips (my favorite) and some weird corn puff snack that said it tasted like pickles (no pregnancy jokes please). The taste of the potato chips were nothing special but I did like the pickle puffs.

I decided to give this store a second chance one day because I remembered that they had really good coffee "Stump Town Coffee" and my husband had been stuck on Starbucks which I know is not the best that there is as far as taste is concerned. Okay there was a bit of an ulterior motive on my part to browse the sweets again. This time they had samples of a Snickers bar out and I thought "so what is so special about a Snickers bar" but then I tried it and knew right away it was not just a regular Snickers bar. Also the big tell that it was good was that George does not usually go for chocolate because it is too sweet but he ate multiple samples. I asked and was pleasantly surprised to find out that England has very strict chocolate laws and that they do not cheap out like we do here in the states by using high fructose or regular corn syrup, they must use real sugar. The taste is obvious and that also gives me a great excuse to justify eating chocolate from The London Candy Company.  

No comments:

Post a Comment